TG Eakin Ltd has been awarded ISO14001 certification, an internationally accepted environmental standard.
Environmental impact is becoming an increasingly important issue across the globe, with pressure to minimize that impact coming from a number of sources; local and national governments, regulators, customers, employees, etc.
Although we were always aware of our environmental impact, as a socially responsible company we wanted to control and improve our performance in this area.
We now operate a robust Environmental Management System (EMS) in compliance with BS EN ISO14001:2004 and have identified the following key areas which we will focus on:
- Minimising waste produced in our operations
- Being cognizant of waste management for the end of product life
- Segregating and recycling waste from our manufacturing operations
- Being efficient in our use of energy resources for all our operations – manufacture through to distribution
- The careful storage, use and handling of any necessary chemicals, ozone depleting substances and liquids which have potential to cause pollution
- Ensuring that those working on our behalf adhere to the high standards we maintain ourselves.