Using eakin dot® 2 piece soft convex for paediatric users with severe allergic dermatitis
Case study submitted by: Amelie Carpentier, Stoma Nurse, CHRU, Lille, France
3 reasons to use:
- Skin friendly hydrocolloid for longer-life wear1
- Significant improvement in peristomal skin1,2
- Increased patient security1,2, comfort1,2 and emotional wellbeing2
- 12 year old girl
- Feb 2018: Subtotal colectomy with ileostomy anastomosis protected by ileostomy for severe acute colitis
- Severely excoriated, painful skin. Unwilling to see stoma nurse
- Nov 2018: Proctectomy due to persistence of inflammatory proctitis
- Sep 2018: Diagnosed with severe allergic dermatitis. Treated with Inexium
- Sep-mid Oct 2018: Failed trials with multiple 2-piece appliances due topersistent allergic reactions
- Mid Oct 2018: Tried eakin dot® 2-piece flat* + convex seal + belt. Marked improvement in skin after 8 days.
Success with eakin dot® 2-piece soft convex:
- Dec 2018: Switched to eakin dot® 2-piece soft convex + belt
- May 2018: Skin healed. No need to use ostomy seal, protective
spray or Inexium
Clinical evidence for choosing eakin dot® 2-piece soft convex:
- hydrocolloid for longer-life wear is clinically proven to offer greater security, pouch weartime and skin-friendliness compared to other market-leading pouches1
- eakin dot® 2-piece user evaluations, Data on File, 2019.
- eakin dot® 2-piece nurse case study, Data on File, 2019.