Measure your stoma
During the first 6-8 weeks your stoma will shrink and change in shape and size.
- An accurate cutting template will help to prevent many skin and leakage problems.
- If the hole is too big, the skin around the stoma will be exposed to the output and at risk of skin damage.
- If the hole is too small, the pouch will not adhere securely to the skin.
- Use your measuring guide once a week to measure the size of your stoma and cut your pouch to the most appropriate size.
- Some people may find it difficult cutting their pouch and achieving an accurate template.
See below for product recommendations to protect the skin around the stoma when it is changing shape and reducing in size.
eakin Cohesive® small
The Extra Protector. eakin Cohesive® small is our thickest seal that prevents leaks for those with looser output such as high output stomas, loose or watery output or urine. The thicker seal can also be stretched and moulded easily around irregular shaped stomas less than 50mm.
You will be redirected to our US partner’s website to fulfil your sample request.